Short story made shorter: I’m putting my XNA Action/RTS Cubegasm on hold. My framework isn’t nearly robust enough to make the kind of game I want to make and, since this is strictly a hobby project, I’d rather not have to put all of the gameplay on hold while I flesh out the necessary backbone in order to get to the “fun stuff.” I didn’t see this as a reason not to release the current code for the project, though. So I’m doing that. You can get the source package: here. It’s not a very big release. Nor a very...
@mittense on Twitter
got to the first boss in Bloodborne. Died horribly, but still feeling pretty accomplished about that.
oh yeah also all the buildings are destructible now (fractured offline, so it's one of the more performant bits) t.co/ByYwdECInj
after a day of nothing but gameplay and AI work, at least I got rag dolls working again: t.co/7SmjtnkYWG
as it turns out, making half of my game basically an RTS requires a bit more than a few minutes of work. just wanna kill things :(
@mittense_code on Twitter
things — r.231 - - added the three upper-right economy bars
things — r.230 - ui tweakings.
things — r.229 - created the basic unit name plate. - created an animation for the opening and closing of the power bar.
things — r.228 - setup unit spawning. - moved unit prefabs into the Resources folder.
things — r.227 - moving the plugins that bitched about being moved.